Infographics are becoming a very popular online marketing device for sharing quality content. Due to their visual nature, they are a great way of making information, trends, stats etc. far more appealing and engaging.
We are in an age where online users are looking for quality content that is easy to comprehend at a glance and then share with their community. This makes the infographic the perfect online marketing device to share all types of information with key audiences. Here are some helpful tips to make your next infographic as effective as possible:
• Design your infographic to a width of 600px wide as a JPEG, so it is easy to share, this will widen its reach.
• Develop a graphic theme to give it more personality and 'stand out'.
• Include introduction copy so the reader understands the source of the information and can easily comprehend the visuals.
• Use well written, succinct copy that helps to enhance the communication.
• Always ensure the graphics are helping to convey the information in the most persuasive way.
• Present the reader with different pieces of data to compare.
• Add relevant links where readers can find out more.
• Make the infographic easy to share, include share buttons and also consider including embedding code that users can cut and paste.
I have also included our latest infographic work for law firm Hogan Lovells which was also produced in several different languages to broaden its appeal. We developed a 'road' theme to guide the reader along a journey, making the information easy to follow and digest.
If you would like to know more about how to use infographics as part of your digital marketing strategy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01732 779 087.