Design + branding
Two years of fantastic Annual Report design for Adnams
Established in 1872, Adnams is well-known throughout the UK as a fantastic brewer of beer. Whilst beer and pubs remain at the heart of the business, Adnams also owns and runs two hotels, produces a string of internationally-recognised hand-crafted spirits and operates nearly a dozen Adnams Cellar & Kitchen Stores, as well as an online store.
Adnams had a great two years, with sales and profits ever increasing, along with new product launches and shop openings. We presented the accounts with a real sense of energy, enthusiasm and positivity, to truly reflect the brand personality that makes Adnams such a successful business.
We designed the reports to present the network of workers, customers, suppliers and collaborators as the collective voice of Adnams. It was important that we conveyed all the brand characteristics, company personalities and business highlights in the most personal and engaging way possible.
Our design approach included:
- Reinforcing the Adnams brand on every page, with a creative use of brand colour, type and imagery
- Adding clear signposting throughout the document, using the contents page and page tabs as an aid
- Giving the financial highlights real visual stand out, giving the great results real impact
- Designing clear page layouts and pagination, so shareholders and readers could access key information quickly
- Creating pace throughout the review section by creating compelling and contrasting layouts.
See the 2014 report here
See the 2015 report here